Saturday 18 May 2019 to Sunday 19 May 2019 @ 12.00 – 4.00 pm
EDZELL CASTLE AND GARDEN
The Lindsays and the Covenant
Get a sense of the standing of the Lindsay family from the beauty of their lordly seat. Its highlight is the great garden added in 1604, which has enclosing walls featuring decoration unique in Britain.
What to see and do
- Amble around the great garden, a unique and very beautiful addition, best seen when the bedding plants are in bloom (early July).
- Seek out the delightful summer house where the Lindsays would relax on a fine summer’s evening
- Look inside the tower house, a fine example of a typical 16th-century nobleman’s residence
- Visit the Lindsay Aisle – the family’s burial vault – in the ancient graveyard near Edzell
- Take our fun fact-finding quiz while exploring the castle. Available on site
for more details and pictures. The castle is open daily from 9.30 am to 5.30 pm April – September. Last entry 5.00 pm.
Sunday 19th May 2019 @ 2.00 – 5.00 pm
BALCARRES GARDENS OPEN DAY
Colinsburgh KY9 1HN
The Earl and Countess of Crawford and Balcarres
T: 01333 340205 (Estate Office)
Directions: Half a mile north of Colinsburgh off A942. Bus to Colinsburgh.